Permission to Quote Copyrighted Material
Multiple Authors Release
Supervisory Committee Approval and Final Reading Approval
- Type in the full legal names of the student, each faculty member, and the department chair.
- Print out at least one copy of each form and have committee members and department chair sign and date.
- When submitting the manuscript for format approval, turn in one original copy of each form signed by at least a majority of the committee members and the department chair.
Statement of Thesis/Dissertation Approval
The Statement of Approval takes the place of the signature sheets in the electronic version of the thesis or dissertation. Copy and paste the form provided above into your manuscript as page ii (following the copyright page) and complete the required information. Do not scan the provided form or your signed approval forms. No signatures are necessary for the Statement of Approval.
Note: According to FERPA rules, only authors of the dissertation or thesis, or those they authorize, may receive an edited manuscript from the Thesis Office. If you would like another person to pick up your edited manuscript, you must fill out a FERPA Authorization Form and submit it to the Thesis Office before the person picks up your manuscript.
Note: Use of Adobe Reader to access and complete the TDA form is strongly recommended (form fields may not function as intended when used with a preview app).
There are separate versions of the Thesis/Dissertation Approval (TDA) form for master's and doctoral students. This form must be completed and fully signed prior to submission to the Graduate College.
- Master's TDA form(This is a fillable PDF; please type in the required information including the names of the adviser/committee.)
- Doctoral TDA form (Use the pre-filled version provided to your department.)
Required TDA content
- The student's UIN
- The student's name
- The correct degree for which the thesis is being submitted
- The name of the student's department or program
- The required number of signatures
Required signatures for the master's TDA form = student's adviser (at least one signature in the adviser approval section or additional approval section must be that of a graduate faculty member) + department head.
Required signatures for the doctoral TDA form = director of research (adviser) + all voting committee members who voted to pass the student at the final exam (defense) + the department head.
All signatures must be on the same form. Signatures of off-site committee members may be obtained through faxing or scanning and emailing the form prior to the department head signing it. Authorized departmental faculty and staff are encouraged to submit a scanned copy of the TDA form via the appropriate secured link on the Graduate College website. If the TDA form must be delivered as a hard copy to 204 Coble Hall, the signature of the departmental head (or authorized signatory) must be original (wet-ink).
Do not use correction fluids or tapes on this form. Do not modify the PDF file.