January 16, 2018
National winners of Tata Building India School Essay Competition 2015-16 felicitated in New Delhi
- Tata Building India is country’s largest national school essay competition
- The 10th edition attracted 3.3 million students from 230 cities and 7800 schools in India
Mumbai: The Tata group today felicitated the 73 national winners of the 10th edition of Tata Building India School Essay Competition 2015-16 at a ceremony held in New Delhi. This edition of the competition encouraged young minds to express their thoughts on ‘Digital Technology for a Better India’.
|The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, N Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons, and senior leaders from the Tata group, with the national winners of the 2015-16 edition of 'Tata Building India School Essay Competition' at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on January 12, 2018|
The 2015-16 edition of the competition was held in 12 languages across 230 cities with participation from nearly 3.3 Million students from 7,800 schools.
The winning essays reflected impactful, profound thoughts which showcased the vision of Young India. Some of the noteworthy thoughts expressed in the winning essays were:
- ‘Technology connects us, technology unites us and technology amplifies our future’
- A quote by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi stating – ‘I dream of a digital India where access to information knows no barrier’
Harish Bhat, brand custodian, Tata Sons, was the chief guest at the event.
Speaking at the occasion, Mr Bhat said, “To all the students who have gathered today, the only message that I would like to give you is as you move forward in life, remember you should pursue excellence and not be satisfied with second best in what-ever you do. God has given us so many capabilities, it is our duty to develop these capabilities to the level of excellence we can achieve and finally use this excellence for the benefit of our community and nation as there is nothing greater than achieving that in one’s life”.
Tata Building India School Essay Competition is India’s largest national school essay competition that has provided a platform for students from classes 6 to12 to express their views and ideas on nation building and pertinent issues. With each passing year, Tata Building India School Essay Competition identifies an inspiring and challenging theme for the competition on topics of national relevance.
|Harish Bhat, brand custodian, Tata Sons, with the national winners of the 2015-16 edition of Tata Building India School Essay Competition|
About Tata Building India Essay Competition
Tata Building India School Essay Competition is a two-phase activity in participating schools. In the second phase, the topic of the essay is shared with the students, on which they are required to pen an essay, based on the year’s theme, announced earlier.
The essay is written by the students only once and the same is evaluated at three levels:
- School level: Essays at the school level are evaluated by judges within each school. Winning entries from each school qualify for city level evaluation.
- City level: The essays of school level winners in each city are evaluated by a panel of judges from the field of academics and journalism, among others. The best essays win city-level recognition.
- National level: The best essays from each city are finally judged by an elite panel comprising of eminent people to choose the national winners in each language (regional level winners in case of regional languages).
For more information, please log on to www.tatabuildingindia.com. One can participate in exciting online contests on https://www.facebook.com/TataBuildingIndia.
Хейл промолчал. - Рано или поздно, - продолжала она, - народ должен вверить кому-то свою судьбу. В нашей стране происходит много хорошего, но немало и плохого. Кто-то должен иметь возможность оценивать и отделять одно от другого.