The 14 Best Medical Argumentative Essay Topics For College Students
Medicine is a very delicate course. In medicine, every issue is highly debated before a decision is reached and even after something is passed, it can still be reviewed when need arises. Constructive arguments are common among medical students. Here are some of the best argumentative topics:-
- Modern medicine versus natural treatment – People that support natural treatment argue that their method is economical and has no side effect. In return, the doctors say their methods are effective and are scientifically proven.
- Should more accountability be placed on doctors? – It is argued that doctors who make mistakes in life threatening situations should be blamed for the outcome. The critics are divided, others having a contrary opinion.
- Should life saving procedures be performed for free – A lot of patients lose their lives as a result of not having cash to pay for treatment. Today, people are coming together to challenge the procedures to be free.
- Chemotherapy: Should patient of cancer seek other alternative treatments – Some traditional doctors claim that they can do a better job in regards to treating cancer. But the doctors have highly disagreed.
- Legalizing abortion – Abortion is an issue that has mixed reaction across the borders. Some people support it while others totally disagree and even term it as murder.
- Should the age limit for alcohol be increased? – The 18yrs age limit is said to be too early for youths to take alcohol. The youths are highly opposing the issue.
- Does access to condoms lead to irresponsibility?
- Should we illegalize cigarette smoking?
- How effective are birth control pills?
- Plastic surgery – This topic is very complicated and has separated people into two opposing groups. Some strongly believe this process is meant for people who have been in accidents and those who have birth defects. But others do this for enhancing their beauty.
- Should we legalize marijuana – Marijuana is used as a painkiller and it is prescribed by doctors for some medical conditions. It is also used illegally as a drug. Both statements have their supporters and that’s where the debate on whether to legalize it or not comes in.
- Should junk food be highly taxed to avoid unhealthy eating – There have been arguments on whether to increase the tax for soft drinks and junk food as a way of discouraging unhealthy eating.
- Abstinence programs – These are the programs that are taught in schools as a way of educating students on the importance of abstinence. Many have said the lessons are inadequate while others are in support for such program.
Essay Writing Tips
Get professional paper writing assistance from: http://pimpmypaper.com - paper writers for hire.
Get assignment done with EzAssignmenthelp.
Need help with term paper? Get it done with this service - expert PhD writers.
A List Of Medical Argumentative Essay Topics To Choose From
An argumentative medical essay allows you to express your opinion on a matter and support it with the strongest points possible. The medical field is highly scientific and therefore must rely on facts. In your choice of topic, you must carefully balance between facts and your opinion on the subject. What else should you consider when choosing a topic for your medical paper?
- Relevance- the topic selected must be within the limits of your academic scope. It should resonate with your medical field, e.g. dentistry, physiotherapy, dermatology, pediatrics, etc.
- Current- identify a topic that is hot for discussion. This makes your paper interesting to read. Avoid mundane topics that have been discussed for years or are overtaken by issues and time.
- Unique- make the topic so unique and captivating that a person reading the title would want to go through the entire paper. Provide a unique perspective or point of view that will arouse curiosity in the reader.
Here is a list of medical argumentative essay topics to choose from
- Abortion should remain a medical and not ethical issue
- Different medical insurance packages compromise the health of policy holders
- Assisted suicide will result in laziness in medical research
- Governments would reduce medical expenditure by focusing on prevention other than curative health
- Tension and stress are a part of healthy development
- HP V vaccine in teens should be enforced by law
- Competitive sports have a long lasting impact on the reproductive health of a woman
- Success in athletics comes at the expense of robust reproductive health
- Anti-oxidants are not the ultimate solution to cancers
- Multivitamins should be abolished to encourage people to eat the right diet
- Attention should shift from embryonic stem cell research to adult stem cell research
- Breast cancer screening is not the ultimate diagnosis
- Does your diabetes risk level increase depending on the size of your waist?
- E-cigs will not eliminate the uptake of tobacco
- Medicated soaps are more dangerous than helpful to your health
- The world should focus more on traditional therapy than modern medicine based treatment
- Nanotechnology has helped researchers in cancer treatment
- Lifestyle change can help reduce the rate of miscarriage
- Eating disorders should be treated as a psychological and not medical issue
- There is nothing like a healthy diet for all human beings