Homelessness has been described as a state in which people do not have access to regular dwellings. Homeless people do not have the ability to obtain and retain safe and secure housing for their basic needs. Broadly speaking, homelessness is a state of living in which people do not have access to fixed, regular, and adequate night-time residence. Some people sleep at domestic violent shelters, warming centers, vehicles, and squatting cardboard boxes. Such people can be included in the definition of being homeless individuals.
The causes of homelessness have been identified to be multiple as they can include the absence of viable employment opportunities. Poverty and destitution is the leading cause of homelessness while affordable housing remains a challenge in many countries. Another reason for homelessness is the fact that accessible healthcare remains outside the reach of many people. Studies document that government abuses, wars, natural disasters, and mental disorders also play a leading role in the proliferation of homelessness in the world.
Homeless people are vulnerable to disease, poverty, and crime that can have a negative impact on their well-being. Governments are striving to partner with private individuals and organizations in combating homelessness by providing adequate and safe shelters for homeless individuals. Moreover, the broad based strategy against homelessness focuses on providing basic healthcare services to individuals in order to ensure sound outcomes.
Employment opportunities can also be given to homeless people such as using them for waste management processes. Many private organizations are providing training to homeless people so that they can become self-reliant and independent. Homelessness is a major problem that needs to be resolved through the use of innovative and effective strategies. The problem is tackled through the partnerships between the key stakeholders of society. Homelessness can be tackled by reducing discrimination, bias, and poverty in society. Moreover, homeless people need to be provided with training and development that can help them to explore adequate and meaningful employment opportunities.
Homelessness is a social problem that can create a negative impact at the individual and societal levels. The best strategy to combat homelessness is to identify the root causes and develop proactive strategies in order to ensure sound outcomes. Moreover, homelessness can be combated by ensuring that basic social services like healthcare and education are available for the citizens of any country. Government agencies should strive to ensure that they have adequate data about homelessness in order to create effective strategies that will tackle the problem.
The 15 Best Argumentative Essay Topics About Homelessness
Homelessness remains an issue in many westernized nations. Although there are programs for helping with the cost of food andhousing, there are often not enough resources to help every homeless person out. Since this remains an issue, many teachers will assign argumentative essays on the subject. Students can check out the following 15 ideas to get started on their essay assignment.
Homelessness Topics for Argumentative Essays
- Does anyone deserve to be homeless? Should only some of the homeless individuals be helped?
- Should there be a right to housing and food included in the Bill of Rights?
- Is homelessness a modern problem or has it been around forever?
- Buddhist monks frequently leave the world to beg on the streets or meditate as hermits in remote areas. According to MRI studies, Buddhist monks are some of the happiest people on earth. Do people need a home in order to be happy?
- Why is it difficult for people to escape from homelessness? What factors in society make it difficult? Make sure to consider the requirements for getting a job such as a phone, address or car and apartment requirements such as landlord recommendations and deposits when writing out the answer.
- Are the current protections and programs in place effective at helping people out of homelessness?
- When an entire family is homeless, should child protection services take away the children until the parents are stable again?
- Should homeless people be alcohol and drug tested before they are given aid?
- Do you believe that mental illness is a major factor among homeless individuals?
- Migrant workers are often provided with housing when they come to work in western nations. Should homeless people be given the option of working on farms in exchange for food, money and lodging?
- In Canada, Vancouver is the main place where homeless people go during the winter because it is the most temperate area. Do you believe that the United States has the same type of locations that draw homeless people in the winter?
- Since marijuana was legalized recreationally, news outlets have cited an uptick in homeless people in the legalized states. Should homeless people be allowed to move to these areas where drugs are available for them? If so, what could be done to stop this migration?
- Many people do not want to identify as homeless out of fear of being ostracized or discriminated against. Due to this factor, do you believe that homelessness is worse than the statistics currently indicate?
- What are some of the common factors that you think a person needsto escape from homelessness? Should society provide homeless people with these tools?
Need help with essay? Try this service: VivaEssays.com - expert essay writers for hire online. Looking for good paper writer? Visit this paper writing service: http://paperwritten.com/ - professional term paper writers.