Fire Alarm Technician Resume Objective
A Fire Alarm Technician has the extremely important job of installing, maintaining, programming and repairing fire alarm systems within a home or business. For the safety of others, this job cannot be left up to chance, so you need to use your resume objective to convince a hiring manager that you are skilled and experienced enough to handle this responsibility.
What The Fire Alarm Technician Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Various duties are expected of a Fire Alarm Technician such as ordering replacement parts, mounting control panels or sensors, testing batteries, diagnosing malfunctions, testing the circuitry and providing customers with an estimate of the replacement cost. You need to possess a strong understanding of electrical components so that you can accurately detect problems when they come up. You will also be required to regularly update of electronic equipment so that you can continue to benefit customers. A prospective employer should be able to tell just from reading your objective statement how you would be the best candidate for the job.
Sample Fire Alarm Technician Resume Objectives
All relevant skills, experiences and accomplishments should be included in the resume objective. You will also need to include the name of the organization you are applying for to show your sincere interest in working with them.
1. Utilize knowledge of electronic equipment and computer software for the benefit of ABC company as a Fire Alarm Technician.
2. Results-oriented individual with 10+ years of experience in designing, installing and repairing a number of different fire alarm systems looking for a Fire Alarm Technician position at ABC company.
3. Seeking a Fire Alarm Technician position with ABC company to apply past experiences with diagnosing electrical issues and estimating costs of labor.
4. Searching for a position at ABC company to use strengths involving communication and reliability as a Fire Alarm Technician.
5. Obtain employment as a Fire Alarm Technician at ABC company to utilize background in responding to customers’ technical questions and installing new fire alarm systems.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
7528 Foxridge Way
Worcester, MA, 1606
Objective To obtain a responsible, challenging Fire Alarm Technician position with a progressive, growth-oriented organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Profound knowledge of fire and security alarm systems
- Ability to climb ladders, to pull cables, and work in confined and high spaces
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and other technical specifications
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
Fire Alarm Technician, August 2005 to till date
Clearwire, Worcester, MA
Performed Installation, inspection and serviced all fire and security alarm systems.
Assembled and programmed new panels and equipment.
Ensured a high level of customer service, satisfaction and communication.
Created electrical and or fire alarm system design deliverables and documents.
Documented technical reports related to specific design issues.
Utilized design tools to efficiently execute project deliverables.
Attended technical meetings with customer and engineering functional staff.
Fire Alarm Technician, May 2000 to July 2005
Timken Inc, Worcester, MA
Carried out electrical and fire alarm system design calculations on simple power and fire alarm systems.
Assisted in the programming and installation and validation of operating systems according to customer specifications using manufacture’s code.
Tested and resolved and troubleshot problems.
Trained less experienced technicians and customers as necessary.
Utilized pre-planned schedule to ensure all inspections were completed in a timely manner.
Participated in constructability reviews.
Assisted with performing overall system design and associated coordination.
Associate Degree in Environmental Science, University of California, Berkeley, CA