There is a saying that children and students are the best hope of every nation. And as for me, I truly believe students do hold a great potential for the change and improvement of each country because in their young age many things have been developed such as quickening of transportation, long-distance and real time communication and many more that saves time for everyone, which they can utilize on thinking of way how could they help the people in their place. But, their potential doesn’t unlock when they get old, that even if they are young they have some capabilities to join and help the country like having participation on issues of our environment.
Basically, the problem in our environment have many causes and primarily the reason is because of human act. We have taken for granted many things and thus, making us irresponsible person most especially on taking care of our environment. Humans, in their venture on creating technology and discovering many things, have hold a great backfire towards the nature composing on many effects like the gravely change of climate, destruction of animals natural habitat, and a lot more that we can see and experience today. But all hope is not gone, as long as we have life there are something we can do particularly the next generation, or the students of today. These students can do their part on environment if they truly understand the current situation we are facing, that is why administration of schools have been pushing educating them about the possibilities of human irresponsible attitude towards nature. Among the lessons, being taught in the subject of protecting the environment is recycling of materials. Students have many materials that are using such as paper, pens, colouring materials, boards, and others which there are times that they just dispose them even if there are still possible things to be made out of them. Recycling is a helpful way of minimizing the volume of waste in our environment by maximizing the utilization of each things we get into our hand. Students can also practice the proper waste disposal and the segregation of waste. This is the most important act that everyone in this planet should do, because if we throw away our garbage on random places like in the side of the road, in rivers or what-so-ever location we can want too, eventually those waste can piled up until it is hard to control anymore. That is why we students, as early, as possible be, learn that we are accountable of our actions towards our environment. Then, in our way of disposing our things we should follow the segregation of waste from materials that are bio-degradable and non-bio-degradable, or from plastics, metals and papers. If students have discipline enough to follow these, then waste management can be an easy task too since most waste that are gathered are already categorised. Students also, in a way, can join community service that promotes the clean-up and preservation of environment like cleaning the park, river side, and seaside. Being able to join on such activity is a great opportunity on showing how students can protect environment in their young age. In some opportunity in their academic class, they are asked to design a research or invention that is related to saving and protecting environment that then lead to many products that are currently being deployed and furthermore studied.
Although, there are a lot more way or methods that students can express their role on environment I chose to discuss the most basics and important ones because students can do these things on their own without being told to. It is without a doubt, that students have a great capability to save the planet if they truly understood what chaos it will happen when we let greediness and undisciplined acts remains.
As we saw in the past, there are many more rules, laws, conventions are made for protecting the environment but there is no effective implementation . For this implementation youth play a vital role. Young people constitute a large part of the world’s population and young people will have to live longer with the consequences of current environmental decisions than will their elders. Future generations will also be affected by these decisions and the extent to which they have addressed concerns such as the depletion of resources, biodiversity loss, and long-lived radioactive wastes.
Young people can play an active role in protecting and improving the environment. They can change their lifestyle and how it affects the environment. They can make their homes, schools and youth organizations more environmentally friendly by adopting environmentally friendly practices, recycling of different materials as well as preserving resources such as water and electricity. Engaging youth in environmental protection not only creates direct impact on changing youth behaviors and attitudes, but possibly influence their parents, relatives and families.
Youth are back bone of the nation. They can change the future of the society with their well being and courageous behavior. Unfortunately today we find the youth those who are more interested in other places which are not useful to them as well as nationally. They choose to spend their days doing drugs and playing video games. They spend their nights partying and living it up, so to speak. More and more young men of this age group are sitting at home in front of their televisions playing games all day instead of bettering themselves or going to work. They have no vision and if they do have dreams they do not have the drive to make any attempt at achieving them.
The environment is simply defined as our surrounding, including both living and non-living things and youth are the young people. Environmental protection is a broad subject Environmental problems are rising day by day and everyone is concerned about global warming and climate change as globally but local and national environmental problems are less concerned. Protecting the environment starts with pollution control therefore, youth can help reduce waste by paying attention to minor details in their daily lives, for example, not to take extra plastic bags when we go shopping. Actually there are many other tips for greener environment.
By applying the greening knowledge at home and schools, we can help to market city, a greener city. Discarding computers, electrical appliances and rechargeable batteries can seriously harm the environment. Youth role is to implement recycling programs for used computers and electrical appliances. You can arrange for collection services with them. There are also many collection points for recycling of rechargeable batteries, so do not simply throw them away. Youth have a role to play in environmental and conservation efforts that will improve livelihoods.
Going Green In House
.1. Close the running tap water, when not needed.
2. Use the dishwasher, when the dishes are full. Try to avoid using it more often i.e. for each single plate.
3. Try to be cautious in using water. Turn off taps when not used. By this way, it is estimated every home can save more than a gallon of water, which is very high when combined in a local.
4. Turning off Lights and saving electricity as much as possible is also a way to go green. During the daytime, it is good to open windows and screens to let sunlight in and fill house with warmth. After all, sunlight is essential for body in the form of vitamin A.
5. The local power company would be able to provide a free presentation on how to make the home a better energy efficient home.
Going Green with Recycling and Reusing
1. Giving away unwanted or unusable materials to free service organizations is a better way to start going green.
2. Reusing the furniture would save some extra money spent on newer furniture. For example, one can remodel a table by adding sheets of wood to it and create his own wardrobe.
3. Recycling paper, plastics, glass and metals could also be done by making use of the local trash pickup service.
4. Instead of simply throwing older items, one can use his creativity in creating the essence out of them. For example, the older screen cloth could be stitched with flat sheets and made as curtains or cloth piece covering the shades of the lamp. They are easy and cheap in terms of interior decorating materials.
5. Choosing reusable water bottles in comparison with plastic bottles every month is a nice way to avoid using plastics and reusing the water bottles. They may be expensive at the beginning, but once getting used to it, they would prove worthy providing health and hygiene besides going green.
Going Green with Transport
1. Carpooling or vehicle pooling is the best way to save environment from three or four times the pollution. Carpooling can be done with friends, neighbors, or relatives working in the same direction as yours, not necessarily the same company.
2. Maintaining the vehicle regularly and providing it for service near a service station would help minimize its pollution output.
3. Many companies have started offering the plan ‘Work while you are at home’. Enjoying this benefit not only saves green, but also enables one to spend quality time together in a family and allowing to save costs of travelling and fuel.
These are some of the going green tips. Following them will give a healthy and wealthy life.
I hope these going green tips are useful to you and that they will help you to make your life better
About RamchandraHello! I am Ramchandra Acharya. I am veterinary student at institute of agriculture and animal science(IAAS) Rampur,chitwan. Currently i am the member of Nepal Veterinary Students Association. My favorite subject are immunology ,pharmacology,pathology. I also enjoy the clinical aspect of veterinary medicine and discussion of subject related matter with peers. Apart from this i love blogging ,making new friends and sharing knowledge.
View all posts by Ramchandra »