Complete the activity below and then debrief on the activity in the space provided below.
Materials: You may need: a sheet of paper, a pencil, and a box of crayons.
1. Read all directions before beginning.
2. Take out one sheet of lined paper.
3. Place it on your desk so that the holes are on the left side and the margin is at the top.
4. Skipping lines, number your paper 1-7
5. On the first line, write your name.
6. On the second line, write the name of the person sitting across from you.
7. On the sixth line, draw three stars using a blue crayon.
8. In the center of the paper, about 5 lines below line seven, draw a box.
9. Write the number of siblings you have to the right of the box.
10. Divide the box into four equal parts with a purple crayon.
11. Color the top right hand section of the box orange.
12. Draw a flower in the bottom left hand corner of the box.
13. Color the center of the flower red.
14. Turn your paper upside down.
15. Write out today’s date using all capital letters.
16. Turn your paper right side up again.
17. On line three, draw a small picture of your favorite food.
18. Draw a circle around it.
19. Write the name of your first pet on line four.
20. Draw a star in each corner of your paper, using four different colors.
21. Underline two of the stars.
22. Turn your paper over.
23. Fold it in half lengthwise.
24. Fold it in half the other way.
25. Write your middle name on the outside.
26. Ignore directions one through twenty-five and enjoy watching everyone else do this activity wrong.
*Activity retreived from: A to Z teacher
1. Did you follow the directions?
2. What did you learn from this activity?
When people do not follow instructions properly, it can cause chaos and great frustration in any type of environment. In order to follow instructions, a person must listen well, read carefully and ask questions if necessary. When a person does not follow instructions, he finds that finishing tasks is much more difficult. If a single person on a team does not adhere to instructions, then the entire team suffers on some level. Tasks that are done properly the first time do not have to be redone, so one saves time and effort by following instructions each time a task is tackled.
Following instructions can preserve one’s health and well being, and it is a necessary skill for a quality life. Rules are necessary for every well-functioning society. Professionals that do not follow instructions place themselves and other people at a greater risk for injury and death. Opportunities for advancement are limited, and clashing with others becomes inevitable when a person does not care to heed instructions.Learn more about Study Skills